I wanted to share a few of the projects from IU. We made some fantastic mini books and layouts as I mentioned in my previous post. I am very excited because I really admire Layle Koncar. She is a sweet person, a very talented scrapbooker and has been a teacher at IU for the past two years. If you saw my previous post, I have pics with all of the instructors from this year. When I asked Layle to take a picture with me, she also handed her camera over and said, "take one with my camera" too. Well, I was reading her blog and there is our photo on there. I am so honored to be on her blog. She is so cool!
Here is the project we made in her class. I haven't finished it yet but you can see the beginning of it.
This is a Friendship album we made in Teresa's class. It is very elegant, Teresa style, with lots of bling and fun pages. We learned how to make tissue paper flowers to hang on the binding of the book.
Look at these fun layouts we made with Janna. I am going to put some pics on them soon, and journal some of the "Sammie-isms" that I hear regularly!
Also, there is a new challenge on the Scrap it forward blog. This month we are focusing on Breast Cancer Awareness. Hop over to the blog and participate in the simple challenges and you might be the winner of some fun pink prizes!!!
After 2 trips to the doctor, lots of tylenol and motrin, and antibiotics, Sammie is feeling better. Well, she isn't loving the "do all the work you missed while you were gone at "mommy school". Yes, that is handy that I am teaching Kindergarten right next door to her class and know exactly the work she missed, however, it doesn't really matter in Sammie's world, I just don't do it the way her teacher does. Nope, not even after teaching kindergarten for 12 years. (LOL!)
On Saturday she played a soccer game and then we went to LA for my cousin's Bar Mitzvah.
The cute little boy is Cole, another cousin who Sammie had so much fun with. He is adorable and 3 years old.
On Sunday we went to see the Toy Story 1 & 2 double feature. We really enjoyed both movies. I saw them long ago and even though we have both on DVD, I haven't seen them in a while. I realized how clever they really are and found myself laughing at several "adult intended" jokes. The movies were in 3D so that was cool. We are excited to see Toy Story 3 when it comes out in June.
Today was just "one of those days" where things didn't go so well. I started to take Sammie to school and my A/C wasn't working in my car. ( Although I am thankful that the weather is cooler and it didn't happen when I was in warmer temperatures in Las Vegas.) It just made for a trip to the car dealership to get it fixed.
Then the phone headset I use for my cordless telephone was shorting out so I conveniently took out the file folder with the extended warranty I purchased, and realized it was now expired (of course) so I went to the store to buy a new one. When I got home, I realized I never got my receipt showing the new headset and that I paid for the new product protection plan. I called the store and they told me to come down and get a new one, which I did. Later on tonight, I found the original receipt in my wallet, which was there all along. Grrrr...
Yep, just one of those days. The rest of the month will be better!! :)

4 comments:
Sammie looks cute in her pjs...thank goodness she is feeling better. You have been a busy body as always. Have a great day!
We went to the Toy Story double feature too. :) Haley loved it! Those are her fav Disney movies! I cannot wait for part 3!!
Haley has those pink skeleton jammies too, LOL
Well of course your month will get better you always need a few bumps in the road to make you appreciate the good times. Glad Sammie is feeling better love those PJ's you know PJ's are my favorite article of clothing.
Love Sammie's pink pj and they glow in the dark too. Way Cool! Glad to hear she is feeling better too. Love the projects you made. O' and we also cant wait for toy story 3 to come! June is just to far away.
P.S
I'll make Sammie's cake "if" you can find my Sammie her REAL PINK ZEBRA....LOL
Post a Comment