Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Blue Ribbon!

Sammie participated in the Yorba Linda Country Riders Horse Show on Sunday. She got a blue ribbon and was so proud! She rode Western in the lead line class on Snort. Snort is a Palomino horse who belongs to the daughter of a girl I teach with. Her name is Ashley. They had a blast doing the show together. Sammie is definitely hooked and was on cloud 9 all weekend. She clipped the ribbon to her clothes and didn't want to take it off. She loves horses and loves riding and it is a wonderful thing for her. We are very proud of her.




I think this is my favorite pic of the day!




Here is a picture of the "Pony Princess Party tent"!!



Here is a little peek inside to see the pony tea party.



After they have their tea, ( I mean Sprite and broccoli) all of the ponies lay down to go to sleep.





Here is a recent picture drawn by Sammie. It is her riding Joey, the horse she rides in her lessons. He is eating hay and that black bag next to him is the bag that holds his brushes.







Sammie had her Open House at the preschool. It was awesome!! Her teachers, Mrs. LynnMarie and Mrs. Vivi, did an amazing job. There was so much to see and Sammie was so proud of her work. It was great to see the progress she made from September until now. She couldn't even write her name or draw very well and now she has a much better understanding of letters and number concepts. She is definitely ready for kindergarten!!













Her teachers made a video of all the kids throughout the year and we each got a copy of it. What a treasure to have her entire preschool year on a DVD. I was able to help in her classroom this year and see some of the things they did but to see a weekly review of her preschool year and her friends and all the fun events is priceless! Thank you Mrs. LynnMarie and Mrs. Vivi for your hard work and dedication to the kids in room 3.




In other news, we raised Painted Lady Butterflies and they all hatched. We let them go and be free. Sammie enjoyed learning about life cycle and watching the tiny caterpillars hatch into butterflies.

We also saw this movie. It was very good. A little bit sad in some parts but a nice story and very cute. We really liked it and would recommend it.

I am so happy it is June. It is always so busy winding down the school year and packing up my classroom. I have been sick for a week now with a cold and then sinus infection, and am finally on the mend. I had a class play, 2 field trips, report cards, which really sucked the life out of me. I still have to pack up and move my classroom and finish off the school year. I am excited though, I will be teaching KINDERGARTEN next year. YIPPEE! It is my favorite grade.

Well, I'm off to rest up a bit. I am so excited about summer vacation starting next week. It will be a fun and busy summer. Be back soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Illyse, Sammie looks so adorable in her riding outfit and hat. Too cute for words. Hope you are feeling better. Lucky you that you get a summer vacation. I wish I had that. We need to get together soon and just scrap! TTFN! LOL.

erika said...

way to go sammie!!!

I meant to ask you where she will be going to kinder next year.

Lydia Siegel said...

Hello, long time no stop by! O' I bet you are so happy and proud of Sammie! All I can sa is WTG, SAMMIE! I too love the photo of her kissing the horse. Your Sammie and my Sam would so love to play together non-stop! Samantha loves horses to and also zebra. Once again WTG SAMMIE!!!!

Craftastic Life said...

Sammie is a busy little girl and so talented! I hope you start feeling better soon.