Sammie and I went to Disneyland all day yesterday. We had a great time! The park wasn't very crowded which is exactly how we like it! We went on so many rides and got to spend some time with Mickey Mouse who isn't out very often. We also rode the horse drawn street car ( a must every time!) Sammie sat up front and got to help "drive" the horses. When we finished I grabbed her for a photo and the horse, King, saw her and turned his head towards her for a great picture!
Her favorite ride is the Matterhorn. We also rode Snow White, Autopia, Pinocchio, Pirates, Winnie the Pooh, the rockets in Tomorrowland, Small World, saw the parade and went to the Tiki Room too! She fell asleep in the stroller on the walk to the tram to go home. I had to snap a pic because she was being sooo cranky right before she fell asleep so I found it amusing! tee hee hee
On Sunday we went to the park. We walked around, visited the ducks, played with a soccer ball and she played on the playground. She had a great time. I am amazed at how well she can run and kick a ball. She is really coordinated. I guess I will join the ranks of "soccer mom" someday!
Today Sammie went to school and I helped in her classroom. It is fun for me to get to know the kids in her class and I also get my "little kid fix" because I really miss teaching Kindergarten! I really enjoy all the fun art projects and music that I did with younger children.
I have been a good girl and have been keeping up with my New Year's goals. I have been exercising on my treadmill at home, watching what I am eating and have not been spending my paycheck on scrappy supplies! (not really my paycheck but I spent a lot of money on scrappy stuff in the past) I am really focused on using what I have and not buying more except for the occasional adhesive. I do have a gift certificate to the Scrappin' Table from Brad. I am saving it until I get that "buy scrappy supplies" urge. I should put it in a glass case with a hammer and hang it on the wall like a fire extinguisher!
I am having lunch tomorrow with my Nana (who is going to be 94 next month) and my brother, Jeff. I don't get to see him very often because he works 2 jobs and goes to school full time. He is a very busy guy but is finally almost done with college (he's on the 20 year plan) and will graduate in June with a degree in Communications/Journalism. I am so proud of him. He has had this goal for a long time and is finally completing it. He is a brilliant writer and speaker and he will be very successful at whatever he does. He is 2 years younger than me. I wish we lived closer so we could see each other more often. We were always so close growing up and now that we are both working and have families, it is tough to keep in touch. Not to mention the fact he lives in Ladera Ranch which is a little far away.
I am keeping busy with homelife, work, occasional scrapbooking and playing on the computer! I am not much of a TV person. I have a few shows I HAVE to watch ( Desparate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy) but I'd rather surf the net or play Webkinz! (this is my newest obsession!) I love Webkinz world. Brad and I fight over who is going to play all the daily games! :0) (I usually win) I am going to get him a Webkin for Valentine's day so he can open his own account! It really is so much fun! Sammie learned how to navigate on the computer by playing it. Now she knows how to play some of the games on the website.
I guess that's all for now. Thanks for visiting my blog! Leave a comment so I know you were here!
4 comments:
I was here! I enjoy reading your blog :) Keep up the great work on your resolutions!! I'm so proud of you not spending money of scrap stuff, Illyse! Oh, and exercise and eating right, too.
HI Illyse...guess our DT meeting was moved. Haven't seen you in a while. We got Disney passes after a break from them but I don't like going...hate crowds, lines, the whole effort it takes to go...guess I am grumpy. Maybe I should have made a resolution to be more positive :) See you soon. Heather
Hey there girlie. Loves these pics. Will have to get a copy of the pic with Sammie hugging Mickey or send me the file so I can print it out. It is too adorable. :)
Hey lady-proud of you and your non-spending. It's a hard thing, but you can do it! I like your idea about putting your gift cert. in a glass case. Save it until about mid March....that's when all the goodies should start rolling in!
Post a Comment