My parents came in town for the weekend. My little ( and much taller) brother Jeff graduated from Cal Poly Pomona on Saturday night. I am so proud of him! It has taken him a long time to accomplish this but he worked hard and finally did it! He earned his degree in Communications with an emphasis in Journalism. He is a brilliant writer and is very talented. He has an internship right now at a radio station in San Diego and has been "on the air" several times. He has a very outgoing personality and is very witty and personable. Jeff prides himself on his knowledge of pop culture (and teases me on my lack of it as well as my insistance on listening to 80's music) We went to eat at Heroes after the ceremony ( yummy food) and I even had a margarita!
On Sunday, my mom, dad, Nana, Brad, Sammie and I went out to Tom's Farms in Corona. It is a fun place to hang out if you have never been there. They have a train ride, magic show and good places to eat. This photo is of "Anthony the Magic" a magician who did a great show. He made the doves turn into a chihuahua. My Nana didn't want to walk too far so we put her on a chair in the shade and she sat with some really friendly biker guys and they talked and laughed with her. My mom told her "don't pick up any men!" It was hilarious! ( she's 94)
We ate lunch there and then Sammie rode a pony. It was a fun time.
After that, we went to the strawberry stand to visit Jeff, Jill and the kids. ( Sammie's cousins) Sammie loved the strawberries so much.. She ate and ate them one after the next. ( from what everyone says, theirs are the BEST!) She must have eaten close to 20 of them and wouldn't stop in between to rest. It was hilarious! Here is a goofy photo of her and the strawberry juice dribbling down her shirt.
On Monday I went to breakfast with my parents before they left to go home. Sammie and I went shopping at the Target Greatland in Fullerton. It was fun to explore a Target I don't go to regularly and then we went to Old Navy and Linens and Things too. I got some shelves to try to organize my pantry this summer. It is always a mess because it is tall and deep. The store was closing so everything was on sale. Sammie asked if she could have a lollipop while we were there and I said yes, and what flavor did she grab??? MARGARITA!! Yikes.. am i in trouble??? Just kidding! It was so hot that we came home and went in her little splash pool in the backyard. It was refreshing!
I know this is sort of a long post but I have lots to share.
Christine, Donna, Jennifer, Janet and I recently attended the Freckle Friends crop for Autism Speaks. It was held at the MAMBI warehouse and decorated so cute!! This was a great event with FABULOUS make and takes by Suzy Plantamura, Annie Adams and Suezi G. (who works at MAMBI) We had a wonderful time. I'll post some pics of the layouts I made. Anyway... in other scrapbooking news, I am very excited about THIS.
We are going in October and it will be extra fabulous! The teachers are Teresa Collins, Layle Koncar, and Janna Wilson! All who I adore in the scrapbook world! It is in Henderson, Nevada which is right in my parent's backyard!! YIPPEE Today we went to the Yorba Linda Library for story time. They have a great summer reading program with prizes and fun activities for kids. The story time is for kids only so moms have to wait in the waiting area but there is small place to observe. Sammie loved the cute songs and fingerplays that they did and the puppet show. We checked out a bunch of horse books and then went out to lunch. She had a riding lesson at 2:00 and learned how to trot today. She did an awesome job. She rode a new horse named Belle and after she trotted around the arena, her trainer Alyse asked her if she liked that and Sammie said, "Can we do it again?" So they did. We came home afterwards and relaxed for a while. It was super hot today!
P.S. We got the bill from the ER visit ( see previous post) and the charges to remove the eraser from Sammie's nose with a paperclip were $1353.00. We didn't have to pay that (thank goodness for insurance) but have to pay $213.00 to meet our ER deductible. We have a PPO.

2 comments:
OMG you learned how to link ! You have been keeping things from me. I too can't wai to go to inspiration unlimited. HOw fabulous it will be. SO...yo left your Nana with a bunch of bikers eh? Hmm next she'll be ridin' along with 'em! Watch out. Congrats to Jeff too. That is great !
Sounds like fun, except for the bill. What a busy life you lead. Hope we can scrap soon.
Post a Comment