Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Open House






Tonight Sammie had her first Open House at preschool. Her teachers worked really hard and did a wonderful job. Each child got to take home their memory book of all the projects they had hanging up in the classroom throughout the year and photos of field trips, and special events. It is adorable. ( I can appreciate all the work that went into it being a scrapbooker and a teacher. ) They planted bean seeds, did graphs, learned about insects, made a garden and learned about how plants grow. They even had a harvesting center in the classroom( see picture above) and could practice what they learned. There were fresh berries and jam from their garden served to the parents to taste. The kids tasted potatoes and yams in class and graphed which one was their favorite. Samantha liked yams better. We had a good time walking around the classroom looking at all the things the children made and learned about the last few weeks. The best part for me was being able to appreciate it and not having to "do" it this time. It was nice to see Open House from a "parent" view rather than the "teacher" side of it like I normally do. Sammie was so excited about Open House. She talked about it for weeks so she wanted to wear a "pretty dress" tonight for this special occasion.
Anyway.. this is just a quick post for now.. check back again soon because I have lots more to share!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Donna said...

SOOO cute! I love it! It looks like Sam was so proud! I miss you guys!

scrappygal said...

too cute! You definitely can tell how proud she was in the pics. Yep I like open house better as a parent...no stress, just warm fuzzies.