My parents were in town my birthday weekend and we were supposed to go to Knott's but it was super crowded so instead we went to Tom's farms in Corona. It is a great place to have a family day. There are kiddie rides, ponies, a petting zoo, train, food places and bungee jumping!!! All the kids doing it were like 7-8 years old and then went 3 year old Sammie flying high into the air while I held my breath praying!! It was soooooo scary but she LOVED it! The kid is fearless which is good but scary for me!!
We celebrated my "21st" birthday (wishful thinking) at Disneyland which was fun! The weather wasn't great and it even rained for a bit but it wasn't crowded at the park and we got on so many rides again and again. We watched the Christmas parade and the fireworks over the castle. I love to see the holiday decorations.
We celebrated Xmas eve at Brad's parents' house. We ate dinner and exchanged gifts. This year we took turns opening presents for the first time! I have been asking for years that we do that because I never get to see what anyone gets. It took a long time but it was fun! I hope this will be a new tradition! This is the first year that Sammie "got" the idea of Santa, etc. She talked all about it and said she wanted a pony. We told her Santa doesn't deliver live animals because it is too tough for the reindeer. She had her own ideas of what to leave out for him and it was not the traditional "milk and cookies" but an apple. It was all her idea to leave something for him anyway. It was very cute. So I guess that will be our treat for Santa. A nice healthy apple. ( He cut it in slices and ate it)
She tiptoed downstairs on xmas morning, then came and woke us up to tell us that Santa came. Sammie and I had matching jammies this year which was fun. We opened presents and spent the day playing with new toys, etc. I took her to see the Disney Princess Wishes show on ice. Brad didn't want to go to such a "girlie" show. It was a great show actually and he probably would have enjoyed it! We had a nice time. It was very "Disney" with lots of fancy costumes, famous songs and fireworks at the end!!
The next morning Sammie and I went to Vegas to visit my parents. The drive was miserable! It took us 7 hours and it usually takes 4. There were an expected 300,000 people heading to Vegas for New Year's. We had a nice time. It was nice to see my parents. They really miss Sammie and she just adores my mom. The weather was very cold and windy so we stayed indoors mostly. We drove back yesterday so I could be home for a party at The Red Bee. It was nice to have dinner and play some games with the "bee gang".
I am off work for another week which I need to catch up on things at home! I have so much to do!
So, I wish you all a Happy, Healthy New Year!
Here are a few of my goals:
1. Stop spending so much money
2. Lose weight and exercise more ( more than twice a year LOL)
3. Organize my house
4. Lots of scrapbooking and MUCH less scrappy shopping! (this is HUGE for me)
5. More blogging than 2 times a month!
6. To follow my advice in my last post and NJY TDAY~
There is that enough?? I hope I can accomplish even one of those!! I figure if I write them on my blog, everyone will know and I will be more accountable! What are your goals??


5 comments:
Great Pictures and great goals Illyse. I hope I see you this Friday. Are you going to scrap?
Glad to see you have updated for my blog-stalking benefit. I have never been to Tom's Farms...Is is worth it for older kids like Dev? Noticed your Christmas pic even had a pony in it-whose house, yours? Sammie is brave for sure. Dev has done that before but no thanks for me. Nice to see you at the Bee. We don't get to hang out much. We need to do a families get together/Bee exchange soon....Again, Happy Birthday. Can't believe you made that yicky drive to Vegas with Sammie in the car. Good goals, mine is simply to be healthy-physically, mentally, spiritually....Heather
An update! Yea! Sounds like you had a nice holiday. Your talk about Disneyland makes me want to go! My birthday is the end of this month. Maybe I should buy our family passes then and hang out there. That's where most 36 year olds like to be, right?
Good goals...let's shoot for inner peace and fantastic scrappy days ;0)
Love me
Hola Chica...thanks for stopping by. Great goals. I have a few of the same...we should sync up together. Working on a couple of projects I hope to share soon. :)
Post a Comment